Games for Health Conference 2010
May 24-27 Boston was the site of hundreds of amazing presentations, panels, exergaming arcades and participant networking that promises to energize the world of Games for Health. Mobile apps that can help deliver wellness opportunities on the go, the connection between physical activity and learning, the exciting new developments in game interface and communication to the power of virtual worlds, social networks and our collective health.
The over-riding themes we heard were those that we at HCD have been focused on since the beginning:
- Health ecosystems – collaborations among diverse program providers and populations in unconventional delivery environments
- Physical activity participation as a key metric and start point for wellness
- The power of connections, in communities, social networks and more
- The promise that exergame technology provides for fitness, wellness and engagement for our least active and inactive populations
- Games are where hope and solutions lie – and those involved in the process from research to development, from the field to product distribution are passionate, dedicated and powerfully networking toward change.